Here’s an upclose and personal look at Rebecca’s WIP, Mind’s Eye
1. For my readers, can you give me a quick summary of your current WIP.
Kearly Ashling is a seventeen-year-old misfit, who also has unique ability to travel via her mind. She can think of anywhere (either real or imaginery) and zap there. When a mysterious messenger shows up unimagined, she realizes her ability just opened a can-of-worms.
2. If you could be any character in your WIP, who would you be and why?
I’d be Kearly, because she’s one of the strongest people…errr, wait…characters I know. 🙂
3. Do you have a writing schedule/set yourself targets?
My goal is to write at least 500 words per day. Some days, I can pump out words like there’s no tomorrow, and other days, I can’t write anything.
4. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
I think that there’s always going to be the good versus evil message in books. You can’t really have a book without an antagonist. So, with that said, I believe the message in Mind’s Eye is that good can overcome evil. I also think that Kearly deals with a lot of life’s problems, and a lot of teenagers could relate to her.
5. What inspired you to write your current WIP?
I sat on the couch one day, daydreaming about God only knows, and thought it’d be cool to take a vacay by thinking of a random spot and being there instantly.
6. Do you dream about your characters, scenes or certain settings?
Honestly, no. Although, apparently I’m missing out on the Dom dreams. HAHA! I suppose if daydreaming counts…
7. Do you believe you were destined to be a writer?
I do. I’ve been writing since I could form sentences (according to my mom). I never really said, “I’m going to grow up and be a writer,” because writing was always a hobby as a kid. When I challenged myself last year to write a novel, I realized how much fun I have while writing, and knew I’d do it for the rest of my life.
8. There are some pretty hot characters in many of OPWFT + TWFT novels, if you could choose one to be with. Who would you choose?
Oh, gosh. This is a toughie. I was really obsessed with Merrick in Cant Me If You Can, but I find myself falling in love/being infatuated with quite a few others. 🙂
9. If you could choose one scene to live through in your book, what would it be and who would you be?
Oh, that’s easy. I’d definitely like to be couped up with Dom in a cabin. I’d take Kearly’s place in a heartbeat. 😉
10. If you could be any scene in any YA book: what scene, what book and which character?
Whoa. There’s too many to choose!! I couldn’t pick just one.
Oddball Question: What can you not live without when it comes to writing…..
There’s many things. Anything with caffeine usually does the job, though. 🙂